Oct. 12, 2020 Post-Hurricane Delta Update: On Friday, October 10, Hurricane Delta made landfall in Louisiana causing more than 600,000 power outages and severe area flooding. As the storm's remnants moved inland over the weekend, Florida, Texas and Mississippi also suffered significant damage and flooding. Disruptions and delays in ground transportation and other service lines are to be expected in these areas.
Our hearts go out to all those affected by the recent natural disasters throughout the United States. Wildfires in the West Coast and other hazardous weather conditions caused by tropical storms throughout the U.S. have impacted ground transportation and other service lines in key areas, including:
- Wildfires: California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington
- Hurricane Delta Remnants: Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas
- Tropical Storm Beta Remnants: Louisiana and Texas
Please be advised that BTX Global Logistics is actively working with its staff and service providers to minimize the effects of these conditions on your shipments. Our goal is to continue to deliver your cargo to its final destination safely and as close to on-time as possible. However, service delays are to be expected in the areas mentioned above.
Below is a list of resources that will help keep you up-to-date with severe weather and COVID-related conditions:
- COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov
- Hurricane: https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
- Wildfire: https://www.ready.gov/wildfires | https://www.weather.gov/safety/wildfire
- Flooding: https://www.ready.gov/floods
- National Weather Service: https://www.weather.gov
- NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards: https://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr
- Emergency Preparation and Safety:
If you have any questions about a delivery or service line, please contact your BTX representative for further assistance or click below.